Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flirting, My Employee Left a Mess and Other Questions


Since one of my favorite things to do is to answer your questions, I've selected a few recent blog search questions/phrases to provide answers. I hope you enjoy them:

How to get my boyfriend to work?
If your boyfriend doesn’t want to work there is nothing you can do including bribery, coercion, manipulation or trickery to get him to work. If he were to find a job and lacks real motivation, he will most likely quit or be terminated in a few months anyway.

I lost my job. Should I cancel my gym membership?
Can you cover your monthly bills and still afford the gym membership? Is there a termination fee? If yes, consider keeping it. If no, you better cancel. Without a job you will have time to run, walk, ride your bike or find some other form of free exercise you can do from home. Also, you will save gas money working out at home rather than driving to the gym.

Do all girls like to flirt?
No, not all girls.

Why do older women flirt with me?
You are a hottie, they enjoy watching you blush or both.

My employee left a mess:
My boss has a theory that no matter how good the employee a skeleton or two always surfaces after they leave the company. If your employee left a "huge" mess they most likely checked out mentally several months ago. You should have been monitoring their work more closely, and then performed a thorough review of any unfinished work once they submitted their notice. You cannot pursue legal action against them, withhold their final paycheck or force them to return and clean up their mess. Your best bet is to bring in temporary employees to assist, hire an able and competent replacement as soon as possible or come up with a plan to delegate this mess to existing staff.

Did Coco Chanel do an internship?
Nope - there was no internship for Coco Chanel. She learned to sew at the orphanage where she was raised. She got into fashion by becoming a milliner and opening up her own hat shop.

That was fun. If you have a question you would like featured please email savvyworkinggal@gmail.com. I will do my best to post an answer.

 

8 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! Never thought someone would really ask this "Why do older women flirt with me?". LOL Anyways, this is really a cool idea and would love to read more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of you to answer those questions. I agree with every answer, too. You also gave me an idea for my blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:40 AM

    I like all your answers. i didn't know that about Coco. I'd add to the boyfriend answer "why is he your boyfriend"? It doesn't sound like he's long term material so why bother.

    Here is what I want to know: how did you get to the questions on google? I don't understand that part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    Thanks - I started jotting down key word search questions a couple of months ago to refer to for blog post ideas. I realized many of them don't need a full post, so decided to group a bunch together. It works out well when you don't have a lot of time. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amberr,
    Thanks - I've seen these type of posts on other blogs and have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carli Alice,

    I agree the girl with the boyfriend who doesn't want to work would probabably be better off looking for a new boyfriend.

    These questions are actually keyword search terms people are typing into search engines that land them on my blog. I find them in Blogger Draft - on the traffic sources tab - under keyword searches. I think they can also be found on your blog's Google Analytics if you use Google Analytics. I don't currently, but adding this feature is on my to-do list. Plus, I believe it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely think you can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. This was very entertaining! Stopping by fro SITS.

    -Pricilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pricilla,
    Yor are probably right about that.

    ReplyDelete