The good news is after numerous meetings and discussions with my boss and company owners they authorized me to hire a part-time employee. She is awesome and for the first time in the 16-years I’ve been at this company I have someone to help me with “MY” work. So far, I am experiencing the easiest January I’ve ever had. There are rumors that we switching our business software in 2016, so this lull in my workload is most likely temporary.
I started 2015 with the goal to live healthy on a budget. Living healthy quickly went awry as I began working eleven hour days. I stopped going to the gym and became a frequent visitor to the work candy bowl. Once work settled down, I cancelled my gym membership and joined Jazzercise which is a better fit for me. Their location and class schedule is more convenient and I find the classes more enjoyable and injury free.
But I didn’t get back to working out on a regular basis, until Jazzercise announced their holiday challenge. If I worked out 20 times between November 15 and December 24th, I would win a cosmetic bag:
I didn’t need or want the bag, but I enjoyed to process of signing in each night and working towards an achievable goal. With one day to spare, I am happy to announce I took home the little bag.
1. The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
2. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
3. Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
4. Stalin's Daughter: The Extraordinary and Tumultuous Life of Svetlana Alliluyeva by Rosemary Sullivan
5. Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas D. Kristof
6. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Talibanby Malala Yousafzai
7. The Only Woman in the Room: Why Science Is Still a Boys' Clubby Eileen Pollack
8. Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer
9. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
10. Bad Feministby Roxane Gay
At this rate I’m not going to make my goal, but I don’t want to quit. So instead I’m giving myself an attainable goal for 2016 - I plan to read 30 nonfiction books.
Please Note, I am an Amazon Affiliate