Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Conversations for Savvy Women

In case you haven’t noticed my blog has a new tag line:

Conversations for Savvy Women
 
I’ve been brainstorming ideas with blogging guru Kimberly Gauthier to help brand my blog and determine a new blogging niche. My previous niche, blogging about topics for women was too broad. I wasn't sure who my audience was from week to week and was having difficulty coming up with fresh blog material. I needed someone from the outside to guide me out of my blogging rut.

Along comes Kimberly Gauthier:
When Kimberly Gauthier offered to help readers discover their blogging micro niche in her newsletter Blogging in My Pajamas I took her up on it.

Kimberly identified what she liked about my blog and gave me a couple of tag line ideas. She suggested I write down all the words that come to mind when thinking of my blog then use a Thesaurus to come up with more. I  combined Kimberly’s ideas with my own to come up with a new tag line. I was surprised at how easy and fun the process was and am happy with the result.

I love the idea of having a conversation with a group of savvy women (and men if they are so inclined) with each post. I also think “Conversations for Savvy Women” will broaden my niche rather than stifle it. I have several new post ideas, so stay tuned.

Click here to learn more about Kimberly’s free newsletter Blogging in My Pajamas.

If you enjoyed this post you may also like:
Be Careful Using Free Photos on Your Blog
Journey of a Professional Blogger: Kimberly Gauthier BBC Feature Interview

22 comments:

  1. Ahhh, thanks for calling me a guru and for sharing my newsletter. Working with you was inspirational for both of us and just a great example for what blogging should be about.

    I can't wait to roll out my new logo (which will look similar) that has a new tagline!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new tagline, I think it's specific without being too limiting (and offers many ways to move forward in creative ways). I haven't thought about my tagline in a long time -- since I started blogging, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your re-branding. It may provide some of the boost that you have been needing in your whole life. Hope things are work are better ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Love the new tag line! I rebranded at the end of the year and took a more laid back approach to blogging. It's actually improved my blog ten fold.

    I'd love to work with a guru. I'll check out her newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new tagline. Looking forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great process. I'm glad you're happy and excited with the results. It's a great tag line. I hope you have fun with it.

    Happy Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {Melinda} Branding is so important to get our message out! It will be worth the work! I'll check out the newsletter too.

    Happy Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful tagline! It makes me want to be a part of your conversations! I think you're right, too, about it actually opening up your niche.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new tagline. My entire life is based on having conversations with Savvy Men, and, sometimes, the men who were smart enough to snag one. Like it. Thank you for sharing the info about Kimberly. #SitsShareFest

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new tagline and I love having conversations with this woman that's why I always make sure to join Sharefest. Love it!

    xoxo,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kimberly,
    I call it like I see it - you are a blogging guru.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim,
    I'm glad you like the tagline. I like it too, plus having a great conversation is one of my favorite things to do. You probably haven't thought of your tagline since you started blogging because it is already perfect.

    (P.S. Did you notice both of my blogging buddies are named Kim?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Webb,
    I hope so it sure feels right - more so than my previous taglines. Work is a bit better - though I am still about two weeks behind and my desk remains a huge mess. The year-end audit went well – probably the best ever and I've stopped working Saturdays for now. The payroll company conversion is still giving me grief. I stand by my previous business idea - anyone who comes up with a payroll company whose software is accurate, easy to use and has EXCELLENT customer service will make a fortune. Currently I don't think one exists.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carli Alice,
    I like the idea of a more laid back approach. Makes it sound as if we aren't trying to force it or try too hard. I like your simplistic style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darlene,
    Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Miss Robin. I hope so too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mothering from Scratch,
    I think you will really like the newsletter. Can't recommend it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tamara,
    Hope you are part of the conversation. What's on your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  19. xtraleo,
    Interesting comment. It was my pleasure sharing Kimberly's info.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Khloe,
    That is also why I participate in Sharefest. I meet the most interesting bloggers there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found you through the SITS Saturday Sharefest. Good luck with your new niche! I love your new tagline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Crystal I am glad you stopped in.

    ReplyDelete