Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Fashion Faux Pas

A few years back I bought a smashing black pantsuit to wear to Mr. Colere's Holiday Party. I liked it so much that I wore it to this event three years in a row. As this year’s party approached, I felt I couldn't wear the same outfit once again. I dreaded shopping for myself during the holiday season. I foresaw going into store after store trying on overprized sequined sweaters that didn’t fit quite right. Fortunately, the problem was solved by Mr. Colere. Without my prodding, he decided we were not attending his party this year. A decision that was fine with me.

Many of the women I know would never be caught wearing the same dress to two events that included the same circle of guests. I think it may be prudent to take a lesson from the French, the connoisseurs of fashion; buy one outfit in which you look fabulous and wear it everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment