Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving week Family Friendly Read-a-thon

Are you or members of your family looking for something to do over thanksgiving break?

If so you many want to check out Miriam of Miriam Mimi's Bookish Blog's first ever read-a-thon. It is a family friendly read-a- thon for ALL ages and will be held November 24-November 30. All you need is a book and a phone!



There will be daily book recommendations, page count challenges, photo challenges, twitter sprints, reader stories, games and more. 

You or your family members can sign up here to be added to the official participation list! Http://MNMmariam.wordpress.com/readathon

As a co-host of the read-a-thon I have assisted Miriam by developing the challenge for the daily photo. You know how teens love their phones and iPads. If you have Instagram, WordPress, Twitter, or Facebook on your phone you and your child can take bookish photos as part of the read-a-thon. 

Here is the challenge for the bookish daily photo:

Monday: post a photo of your favorite book cover

Tuesday: post a photo of your favorite science fiction of fantasy book

Wednesday: post a photo of your favorite mystery book

Thursday: post a photo of your favorite book about family

Friday: post a photo of your favorite classic book

Saturday: post a photo of your favorite book

Sunday: post a photo of a book you read this week or are reading now

Use the hash tags: #MnMReadAThon #MMReadingWeek


Have fun, enjoy your break and have a great week of reading.

8 comments:

  1. Midnight Cowgirl,
    Thanks. If this takes off I may make the photo challenge a monthly feature - who knows I may even post a photo of myself with a book. I like the idea of finding ways for teens to communicate about books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea. Going to have both kids show mw what they want tompost tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it the week got away from us. I am going to sit with the youngest and do our photo's tonight, I am still in love with this idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness. This would have been fun, sorry I am late in visiting. I love photo challenges and was doing Bookish Thanks for November but only posted half the month. I hope you link up again with Small Victories Sunday linkup, its open all week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BritishMumUSA,
    So happy you like the idea. I may bring it back next year with a different theme each month. I am stuck on January though. My theme for the month is going to be Health and don't think that is too enticing for teens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya,
    It was really Miriam's idea. I like it though. I'll see I don't want to take on too much next year. You know how I am with deadlines. BTW - I linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh what a great idea. Readathons are a good thing to do when you have some extra time and can enjoy with others :) I also like your idea to have different themes each month.

    Julie @ velvet-rose.net

    ReplyDelete