Saturday, February 02, 2008

Don't forget to keep your beneficiary forms updated

Along with an annual review of my financial accounts, it was also time to update my IRA account beneficiaries. Two years ago I was blessed with two new nephews that I would hate to leave out. It was very easy to request, fill out and submit a new beneficiary designation form.

Many important assets (pensions, IRAs, and annuities) have beneficiary designations. Those forms mean that after your death, the assets go directly to the people or trusts you've named. You can't determine otherwise in your will. So it is important keep your forms updated.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    I understand that you enjoy cooking from your interest list. Do you cook often?
    What's your husband's favorite?

    ReplyDelete