Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Meaningful Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be about cards, chocolates or flowers to be memorable.

Last week, as Mr. Savvy Working Guy left to purchase a birthday card for his niece, I remarked, "I don't want a Valentine’s Day card this year. What I really want is a “music night”, a night where each of us takes a turn playing one of our favorite love songs." I came up with this idea after reading Florinda’s post where she writes about liking love stories best in a song.

We both had lots of fun with this; trying to guess each others selection, etc. Mr. SWG selected The Beatles "And I Love Her” from his Ipod. I had two selections, first I played Florinda's favorite, Bruce Springsteen's "If I Should Fall Behind” from Lucky Town, which we own. I also played Bob Dylan "Love minus Zero/No Limit which I found here:





We both really enjoyed our Valentine's Day. With a little creativity it can be easy to celebrate a Hallmark Holiday without spending a lot of money.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Savvy Working Gal---

    Thanks for stopping by my site.

    Sounds like you had a splendid Valentine's, celebrated in a unique and meaningful way.....

    Best kind!

    ReplyDelete